Saved 20 year old lil' lady with happiness to share. The end, enjoy. lol
One of the best protective styles ever, if you ask me! The braids are out to playyy
(photos circa 2012) I feel some Janet in my spirit…putting some braids in again (using 100% Kanekelon braiding hair) because I’m tired of doing it Lol, nah but it’s getting cooler outside and the hair’s getting a lil’ dryyy, and dats not cuuute, so a protective style is calling my name.
- You can always catch me with a bun on the top, straight or curly; I love the versatility of natural hair! Do what you like, just remember to nurture your babies (your curls/hair strands Lol)
current favorite hairstyle: Bun on the top, braid-out in the back (just used Eco-Styler Gel)
Natural Protein Treatment/ Deep Condition
Sooo, after having this hair straight for about two weeks…it was ‘bout that time! Our hair is made of protein, so I’m going to feed it protein (not too much tho, too much protein may cause dryness and breakage, so I don’t do this often). The best part is: all the ingredients are in yo’ fridge (if you been shoppin’ lately).
- I washed my hair (using any shampoo I found laying around, it’s better to do this treatment on washed hair so it penetrates better)
- In the first photo I mixed 1 egg, 2 tbs Mayonnaise, 2 tbs Greek Yogurt, and 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Don’t it look yummy? (no.)
- Then slapped it on my hair in sections, into a bun and under a shower cap (or a plastic bag if y’all ghetto like me)
- Rinsed out thoroughly after 30-45 mins.
- After that I went straight into my wash-and-go routine: this time I used some Garnier Fructis Length-and-Strength Conditioner (idk why, it was just there so I used it lol I forgot how good this stuff works), Coconut Oil, and Eco-Stlyer Gel
- The bottom pics are the turn out (that’s actually second day hair, it’s fluffier than first day so I always think it looks cooler lol. (Can you spot my different textures? It’s disrespectful.)
pretty much impromptu, after church was over I was like I wanna shoot you in the fro so bad.
Gonna do a reeeal good protein treatment/ deep condition after using heat on the curlz, it’s gonna be so yummy ughh
I have a quick question for you. How do you trim your hair without getting it blown out? I really need to trim my ends, but I'm afraid I'll cut too much.
I once trimmed it as I sectioned damp hair into about 8 even twists (or more depending on your thickness) and just trimmed off almost half an inch.
Orrr I’d just trim off the scraggly split pieces I see off of the ends of each twist; Also since it’s wet I’d cut off less than what I’d usually trim when its dry (blown out) only because wet hair shrinks and you’d be cutting off more than the usual. hope this helped you! xx
trying out colors! …and a mean mug
Do you have an instgram?
it’s under construction…not literally @underconstruction but ya know what I mean lol
*deer in the headlights pose*